Haven Design Interiors is dedicated to handling your personal information with transparency and ensuring the security of your data. This policy delineates our continual responsibilities to you regarding the management of your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at https://www.oaic.gov.au/.
What is personal information?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we may collect include:
- information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name, home address and your date of birth;
- information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, work address, mailing address;
- information we may require to confirm your identity, for example your driver's licence number, passport details, business name, Medicare card;
- information that may assist us to confirm your financial position or credit history when you are considering a finance or credit arrangement, including your credit card details, bank details, purchase history or transaction details and loan and credit information where finance arrangements apply.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including correspondence with you, by telephone, by email, via our website www.havendesigninteriors.com.au, from your website, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect your Personal Information for the primary aim of facilitating the delivery of the utmost quality service and customer experience. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request not to receive direct marketing communications from us, we will stop sending you these materials.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information.
Typically, the primary purpose for gathering your personal information pertains to a service we are currently delivering to you or are preparing to offer in the future. It also relates to our communication with you regarding these services. Our core services encompass the sale, rental, and delivery of products, offering a platform for product and service reviews and feedback, supplying information and addressing inquiries about our products and services, organising competitions, managing online chat, overseeing credit provision, handling warranty processes, and managing the installation of products.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- to assist us to run our business and to improve our services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
There is no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
Personal information from third parties
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information directly from the relevant individual to whom that information relates. However, in some circumstances we may be provided information by third parties.
You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person:
- you are authorised to provide that information to us;
- you have obtained the express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for its relevant use, including for use in our business and to provide our services;
- you have complied with the APPs in collecting that personal information, including by making all relevant notifications required under APPs; and
Unsolicited personal information
Disclosure of your personal information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including to third parties to, amongst other things, assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you, and also where required or authorised by law.
Wherever possible, we will limit the information provided to independent third parties to that information required for those third parties to properly perform their functions. Further, our contracts with these third parties will always require the third parties to comply with the APPs (or equivalent standards).
Security of your personal information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, in order to be legally compliant, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing at email@example.com.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
Changes to this policy
Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure